Thursday, April 4, 2013

B - Blowing It Already

I must admit that I am not infallible. I signed up for the blogging challenge with every intention of sitting down diligently each day to blog. Naturally I blew it. I am doing it but I started it three days late. Oh well.

Still, there is time for me to catch up and do well. After all, I have always been a late bloomer.

Unlike those people who just go through school, graduate, and embark on their desired career path, I had to take that path that is supposed to be less-traveled. It really isn't all that untraveled. Lots of us are out there still trying to live the dream at a time in life when others are looking back on a career well-spent and perhaps even planning to retire early.

I didn't get my first professional writing gig until I was in my late 30s even though I had been dreaming of being a writer since I was seven. That wasn't a job that made me a career writer though. As any writer can tell you, writing jobs are scarce and writers are a penny a gross.

So the road continues and I am still taking it. Never give up. Never give in.

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear! From someone nearing AARP age, and is working on a first novel...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete