Saturday, November 12, 2011

Block and tackle

After having a fairly good writing session last night I am feeling blocked today. So I've decided to leave the bouncing baby Bubba for another time and tackle a different section of the book entirely. I think that will jump start things.

I sat down this morning with the intent to just tear right in. Instead I ended up scheduling a lot of poetry to be posted in my blog for the next three weeks. What's with all the poetry you ask? Okay, you probably didn't but I'm gonna tell you anyway. Many years ago, while still fairly green at the poetry game, I noticed how many poems Emily Dickinson had written in her lifetime (over 2,000) and made a commitment to myself that I was going to write at least as many, if not more. I am pleased to say that I am more than halfway there. And some of them are pretty decent too, if I do say so myself. Of course, there are some that are total dreck. But you can't find diamonds without digging through the dirt.And you can't make them shine without cutting. So I am always editing.

So now it is time for me to get away from the past and get back to the future. I'm thinking "Local Woman Wins Trip to Paradise." Oh, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment