Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday at Last

Writing a novel in one month is more physically exhausting than I have ever thought it would be. But it can be quite mentally energizing. However, my characters are starting to do things that I hadn't planned. That keeps throwing me off and I have to regroup and re-plan. My main character went and started to fall in love the other night and I hadn't see that coming at all. Especially since the character she is falling for is a bit of a jackass. So I've had to incorporate that into the overall story line. But it's not a bad thing. It's going to add some tension and drama that the overall story really needed. Once they start showing some interest in each other a crisis will hit sending them in different directions. Then the other characters will work to bring them back together. And now it is Saturday at last. I can write until I'm numb. No waiting for the work day to be over so that I can squeeze in a couple of hours. I'm only a little more than one-third of the way through the November goal and the month is more than half gone. Fortunately a four-day weekend coming up should help me make my way around that. So off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment