Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Racing with Nanos

So today I joined a new Face Book Group of people who are doing the NaNoWriMo challenge and trying to write a book by the end of the month. I am finding it to be a great tool already. The people in the group challenge each other with word sprints and word wars. I won my first war by 2 minutes earlier. Typing my fingers off I did 1,000 words in 31 minutes. Then I did a sprint. That netted me another 750 words. So that really got me moving on the book. Today I managed "Local Man Charged with Battery," "Local Man Makes French Toast," and got a dandy start on "Local Woman has Breakdown." After this I am beginning to feel a bit more optimistic about having a shot at making it by the end of the month. Well, that and the four day weekend coming up next week when I can really hammer away at it. If anyone out there has a suggestion of a topic to add to the book, let me know. Remember, puns are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment